WakeMed Health & Hospitals is a 900+ bed, private, not-for-profit health care system based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Our system includes a comprehensive network of inpatient and outpatient health care facilities located throughout the Triangle area. We are proud to offer our community access to a Level I Trauma Center, Level IV NICU, licensed rehabilitation hospital, a children’s hospital and seven emergency departments, including a specialized children’s emergency department.
WakeMed North Women’s Hospital Opening May 2015
In May 2015, the WakeMed North campus will add a 61-bed women’s hospital, offering a full range of obstetrics and gynecological services, from general obstetrics to the most sophisticated specialty care.
We will offer women of every age access to a wide variety of health services including:
- Childbirth facilities – comfortable labor & delivery and C-section rooms
- Spacious, family-centered post-partum unit featuring a dedicated family lounge area and 'Coaches Lounge'
- 6-bed Level III Special Care Nursery
- Family-friendly emergency services
- Dedicated OB triage unit
- Diagnostic services and surgery suites
- Environmentally friendly (LEED Certified) design
Consider a Career in our WakeMed Heart Center:
The Heart Center is home to 11 procedure rooms, including a "Swing Lab" that allows imaging equipment used in catheterization procedures to pivot from one room to another to increase efficiency. Two rooms are dedicated to Electrophysiology (EP) Studies and Procedures. The Heart Center also specializes in:
- Diagnostic catheterizations
- Coronary and carotid interventions
- Peripheral vascular studies and interventions
- Electrophysiology implants and procedures
- Atrial fibrillation ablations
Awards & Accolades