Physician, Hospitalist (Days & Evenings)
Serving the community since 1961, WakeMed Health & Hospitals is a nationally recognized, private, not-for-profit health care organization founded and based in Raleigh, N.C. The largest health system in Wake County, WakeMed exists to improve the health and well-being of our community by providing outstanding, compassionate, patient- and family-centered care to all. The 919-bed system is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated Magnet by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. WakeMed is a leader in cardiac and vascular care, women’s and children’s services, emergency medicine and trauma care, physical rehabilitation, orthopedics and neurosciences. Specialty facilities include the WakeMed Heart Center, Children’s Hospital, Rehabilitation Hospital, Adult and Children’s Emergency Departments and a Level 1 Trauma Center. WakeMed’s team of more than 9,300 employees, 250 employed physicians, 1,500 volunteers, 1,200 affiliated physicians use the most advanced technologies along with the best minds and the biggest hearts to ensure the finest quality in health care and community health. For more information, visit www.wakemed.org
• Growing hospitals with very manageable patient volumes targeting 15 patients
• 16 x 10 hour shifts/month with highly flexible block schedules
• Work-Life balance with Nocturnist coverage most nights, no procedure requirements
• 24/7 intensivist support for all critical care patients
• Strong support from medical and surgical sub-specialties, interventional radiology, ancillary services
• Epic electronic medical record since 2015
• Collaboration with high functioning APPs
• Great team, cohesive work environment, accessibility, options to participate in clinical and numerous improvement projects if desired
• Career growth opportunities in one of the country's finest locations for family, education, healthcare, technology, recreation, and stability
• We offer a very competitive compensation and bonus program, a wide range of benefits, and shifts that make sense if you are seeking true work-life balance
The WakeMed Physician is responsible for providing quality clinical care to patients cared for by their division. The Physician may be responsible for providing teaching and supervision to residents, medical students and/or APPs within their division.
The Physician is responsible for appropriate coding and corporate compliance and may be responsible for some general administrative responsibilities of the practice. Physician reports directly to the Director of their assigned division and understands and supports the mission values, and management of WakeMed Physician Practices and WakeMed.
Located in our beautiful and modern Cary, NC hospital. #LIPOST
Fellowship/Internship/Residency - Related Area Required
Doctorate Medicine Required
Licensed Medical Physician And Board Certification in Area of Practice Required
Hours of Work:
16 ten hour shifts monthly
Previously Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.